A recent Ramblers poll revealed the top five English coastal walks.
1) Kimmeridge to Durdle Door, Jurassic Coast, Dorset
2) St Ives to Lands End – Cornwall
3) Craster to Embleton Bay, Northumberland
4) Saltburn by the Sea to Staithes – North Yorkshire
5) Crosby to Formby – Merseyside
These are all fantastic coastal walks, there is no doubt costal walking is very popular in fact Ramblers also reported 249million visits were made to coastal locations in the last year.… Read more
Get out get walking
The National Trust care for some of Britain’s most beautiful places to get out and get walking. They have some great suggestions for walks on the National Trust website.
You can select walks by region: East of England,London and South East, Midlands, North East & Yorkshire, North West, Northern Ireland, South West and Wales
Or by theme: A year of walks, Coastal walks, Wildlife walks, Cycle rides, Protected Landscapes, Car Free Walks, Ancient Tree Walks
There are some really great suggestions and interesting walks.… Read more