- Sandie Shaw won Eurovision for the UK with Puppet on a String
- Pink Floyd released their debut album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
- Supersonic airline Concorde was unveiled
- Elvis and Priscilla Presley were married
- The world’s first heart transplant was carried out by Christiaan Barnard
- The musical Hair opened
- All You Need is Love reached number 1 in the singles chart
…and Milton Keynes was born.
Read more the 50 years of Milton Keynes MK50
In 1983 Rohan moved to Milton Keynes. The Central Train Station had just opened, creating the fast links between MK and London. The Concrete Cows, created by Liz Leyh, had their place at Stacey Hill Farm. They are now in Milton Keynes Museum. The city was developing fast and I remember a great ‘can do’ attitude. Not long after the move we opened the Rohan Milton Keynes shop. Which is still there today and looking very good after a recent make over.
We have talked about the move and the early Milton Keynes years on Rohantime over the years.
During the 50th year there are lots of events