National Parks Week 30th July – 5th August 2012
National Parks Week is held every year to raise awareness and celebrate our 15 National Parks. These dramatic and beautiful expanses of countryside are free for everyone to visit and enjoy all year round.
The celebration week includes some great events:
1. Travel back in time to experience life in an Iron Age hut (Pembrokeshire)
2. Go for a healthy walk and learn about myths and legends (Dartmoor)
3. Have a go at archery (Lake District, North York Moors)
4. Go deer-watching (Exmoor)
5. Family fun day at a wheelchair-friendly National Park Centre (Peak District, Lake District).
6. Take to the water canoeing (Lake District)
7. Brush up your map and compass skills (Peak District)
8. Help plant trees (Cairngorms)
Find the nearest Rohan Shop to a National Park