Win an REC Emergency First Aid Course
Rohantime is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a place on the REC Emergency First Aid course run by Alan Ward on the weekend of 21st – 22nd May at The Fedw Hir Eco Training Centre which is set within 14 acres of grounds and situated near the Heads of the Valleys junction with the A470 at Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. Alan Ward, Bigfoot’s Instructor holds the Summer, Winter, and International Mountain Leader Awards and is a REC Trainer to HSE FAW level.
Rescue Emergency Care (REC) is a well known and respected first aid training organisation founded in the mid 1980s by Dr Robert Phillips. REC was set up to provide a comprehensive and flexible training programme that extends the competency of the participants. This unique style of first aid training has been delivered by REC trainers throughout the UK and Europe for over 20 years.
REC Emergency First Aid course:
The two day (16 hours) emergency first aid course is designed to introduce a systematic way of first aid for managing casualties. Ideal for outdoor professionals and anyone who spends time walking on the hills and mountains of the United Kingdom. The course includes:
The fundamental workings of the body, in particular the heart, lungs and airway
Assessing a casualty
Introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
Deciding how to deal with an accident or incident
Awareness of delayed medical help and adverse environmental conditions
Emergency: vital signs, emergency action, airway, unconscious, choking, bleeding, breathing, circulation, cpr
Environment: heat stress, cold stress, hot injuries, cold injuries
Illness: chest pain, stroke, asthma, epilepsy, diabetes
Injury: head, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, bones, soft tissue, eye
Rescue: transportation, communication
The REC Emergency First Aid course is certified for three years and is an entry point for the REC scheme. It is the approved course for RYA, BCU, MLTB.
What clients thought about Bigfoot First Aid Courses:
A very informative and interesting two day course. Thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Thank you very much, Sue.
I feel more competent after this course to fulfil my duties as a First Aider. The course was well presented. It proved very interesting for improving the standard equipment of our first aid kits.
Very good, everything explained very clearly and good revision sessions. Practical scenarios very good; they really made you think under pressure.
Alan controlled the group very well, always clearly answering any questions raised. A good mix of practical and theory. Obviously practical sessions were extremely useful. This is the first course I’ve been on with so much practical work. It was excellent. I’ve learned so much more & feel more confident – thank you, Liz.
This course is very comprehensive and the suggestions made by the course leader were most useful in improving out club first aid equipment.
An excellent programme which was relevant to my training needs.
Mawr Walking Club First Aid Course
Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw opens on 04 April 2011 and closes 12 May 02011. No entries will be accepted after the closing date, entries are limited to one per person, incomplete forms will not be entered.
2. The winner will be selected on 13 May 2011 and notified by email, it is your responsibility to ensure you can receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. If no reply is received within 7 days, another entry will be chosen. The winners name will be published on Rohantime.com.
3. There will be one (1) prize of a place on the REC Emergency First Aid course to be held on the weekend of 21st – 22nd May at the Fedw Hir Eco Training Centre. No cash alternative is available.
4. Entry to the prize draw is free no purchase is necessary.
5. Duplicate entries for the same individual or email address will automatically be disqualified.
6. The Competition is not open to employees of Rohan Designs Ltd and associated partner organisations.
7. Personal data provided in the entry form will be collected stored and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into this Competition. If you have agreed to receive communications from Rohan Designs Ltd then your personal data may be used for such purposes. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated. Rohan will not pass your details to any third parties. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
8. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The promoter of this Competition is Rohan Designs Ltd, 30 Maryland Road, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, MK15 8HN.