This month on Rohantime we have a really interesting guest. You may have caught up with Peter Sidewell, the Keswick based chief, on his current TV program Lakes on a Plate. Peter’s program is not only a celebration of some of the great Lakes District food, it is also a celebration of the Lake District. Each day, Peter’s culinary tour takes him to a different part of the Lakes where he meets food producers, making fantastic ingredients and takes their freshly crafted produce away to use in his own kitchen. Peter, a long standing friend of Rohan Keswick, has shared with us on Rohantime his favourite Lake District walk and view, his soapbox feature will I am sure strike a cord, and he also took the time to answer some of our questions and shares a favourite recipe with us.
We hope you enjoy meeting Peter on Rohantime. When your next in the Keswick, stand in Rohan Keswick and look across the street, you will see Peter’ cafe Keswick Good Taste, call in. We have a signed copy of Peter’ book Simply Good Taste for one lucky winner in the Rohantime draw. Just fill in the form below.
We also have a fantastic competition this month Win the new iPod Touch on Rohantime.
Win a signed copy of Peter’s book Simply Good Taste
In 2007 Peter started writing “Simply Good Taste”, his first book.
He published it himself and sold over 4000 copies in the first year. Following that success Simon & Schuster snapped it up and they released “Simply Good Taste” on a national level in April 2009.
Simply Good Taste is a book of exciting, no-frills recipes reflecting Peter’s love of food, the great outdoors and the locality, and showing his ability to combine successfully the best local produce with other cooking influences. Inspired by the mountain scenery around his Keswick restaurant, Peter collected his favourite recipes for friends and family. Grouped into sections such as Out & About or Something Special, over 60 easy-to-follow recipes take you from dishes such as Lakeland burgers with a Greek twist to white chocolate ice cream with Grasmere gingerbread.
Competition Now Closed Thank you to all who entered
‘Win a signed copy of Simply Good Taste’ Terms and Conditions
1. The Competition opens on 01 October 2010 and end on 31 October 2010. No entries shall be accepted after the closing date, entries are limited to one per person, incomplete forms will not be entered.
2. The winner will be selected on 01 November 2010 and notified by email if no reply is received within 7 days, another entry will be chosen. The winners name will be published on Rohantime.com.
3. There will be one (1) prize of one signed copy of Peter’s book Simply Good Taste. No cash alternative is available.
4. Entry to the prize draw is free no purchase is necessary.
5. The Competition is not open to employees of Rohan Designs Ltd and associated partner organisations.
6. Personal data provided in the entry form will be collected stored and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into this Competition. If you have agreed to receive communications from Rohan Designs Ltd then your personal data may be used for such purposes. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated. Rohan will not pass your details to any third parties. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
7. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8. The promoter of this Competition is Rohan Designs Ltd, 30 Maryland Road, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, MK15 8HN.