For September, Paul Rose the man that has made exploration his lifelong career has been talking to Rohantime. Paul talks about his life as a professional diver, polar guide, mountaineer, expedition leader, yachtsman and instructor traverse Antarctica, Greenland, and several oceans, broadcaster and author. He also shares with us his view on climate change, his concerns with regard to the damage to our planet and his favourite activity diving.
Added to all this Rohantime invites you to….
Win a signed copy of the BBC book that documents the Oceans series with Paul Rose.
Drawing on the stories from the fields of sub-aquatic archaeology, geology, marine biology and anthropology, this book reveals a hidden world of lost cities, forgotten shipwrecks, underwater caves and submerged volcanoes.
The oceans are the single most important feature of our planet. They shape our climate, our culture, our future. Yet we know more about the surface of Mars than we do about Earth’s watery depths. What lies below the frozen Arctic ice-sheets? Or in the intriguing black holes under the Caribbean Sea? Drawing on the most exciting stories from the fields of sub-aquatic archaeology, geology, marine biology and anthropology, professional diver and explorer Paul Rose reveals an astonishing hidden world of lost cities, forgotten shipwrecks, underwater caves and submerged volcanoes. He also looks at life in the ocean habitat, from great white sharks to the myriad exotic, but rarely seen, creatures that thrive in the extreme conditions miles beneath the surface.
This book, like the television series it accompanies, examines the possible consequences of upsetting this delicate balance and its impact on global warming. Beautifully illustrated with more than 150 colour photographs, Oceans: Exploring the Hidden Depths of the Underwater World unravels the mysteries of the deep and provides illuminating insights into this vast undersea domain. The oceans and seas explored include the Mediterranean, the Sea of Cortez, the Indian Ocean, the Red Sea, the Southern Ocean and the Arctic Ocean.
Competition now closed. Thank you every one who entered. The lucky winner is J. Phelps, Glos.
‘Win a signed copy of the BBC book Oceans’ Terms and Conditions
1. The Competition opens on 03 September 2010 and end on 30 September 2010. No entries shall be accepted after the closing date, entries are limited to one per person, incomplete forms will not be entered.
2. The winner will be selected on 01 October 2010 and notified by email if no reply is received within 7 days, another entry will be chosen. The winners name will be published on Rohantime.com.
3. There will be one (1) prize of one signed copy of Simon Reeves DVD BBC Tropic Of Cancer. No cash alternative is available.
4. Entry to the prize draw is free no purchase is necessary.
5. The Competition is not open to employees of Rohan Designs Ltd and associated partner organisations.
6. Personal data provided in the entry form will be collected stored and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into this Competition. If you have agreed to receive communications from Rohan Designs Ltd then your personal data may be used for such purposes. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated. Rohan will not pass your details to any third parties. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
7. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8. The promoter of this Competition is Rohan Designs Ltd, 30 Maryland Road, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, MK15 8HN.